- Ed Durrant DD5LP/VK2JI - Lordhowe2011 DXpedition on 09/10/2014 at 21:11 o'clock
- Good luck with everything. If I can give any info, from my experience as a junior team member on LordHowe 2011 DXpedition, drop me a line.
One point - 23kilos per person is allowed on the SYD-LH flight (and you can pre-buy more capacity) BUT only 14 kilos is gaurenteed to come with you on the plane. Over 14 kilo items may come on the next flight, which can be 2 or 3 days later depending upon the time of year. All of our baggage came on the same plane, but you may not be as lucky.
You will have found out by now, that there is ONLY ONE SHIP that is able to transport freight to Lord Howe as it is specially built with a flat bottom, so that it can get into the lagoon and to the landing pier.
A question - are any of the team into SOTA? If so there is an easy SOTA peak that could be activated on Lord Howe (and couple of others that would be major operations).
73 and all the best Ed (ex VK2ARE / still VK2JI/DD5LP/G8GLM).
- Eduardo Goyeneche on 08/21/2014 at 16:54 o'clock
- Good Dx, 73
- KG9Z Scotty on 07/18/2014 at 20:32 o'clock
- Have a safe trip. Hope to work you on may bands. Best Dx es 73.
- Dale McCarthy VK4DMC on 07/11/2014 at 14:02 o'clock
- G'day Christian DL1MGB
Nice to see so many of the Willis Island group are once again visiting Queensland .
Say G'day to the guys for me and I hope to work you on many bands Phone and CW.
de Dale VK4DMC
- A.Tahir DENGIZ, TA2T on 05/10/2014 at 08:48 o'clock
- Congratulations, and I'm sure that you will meet an huge pileup. I may not reach to your station but I will try to listen. Best wishes from Ankara - TURKEY ... Tahir - TA2T
- Everbeen on 03/14/2014 at 09:17 o'clock
- Sintered Alnico magnet is usually restricted to smaller sizes, it has slightly lower magnetic properties, but better mechanical strength than cast alnico magnet.
- Steffen on 02/06/2014 at 20:54 o'clock
- glad to see e very experienced stuff of OPs and just remember to VK9LM
back in the early nineties, have a good and save travel and tremendous pile ups !! Cu, Steve,DL5DXS
- Giovanni IK4GME on 01/23/2014 at 19:04 o'clock
- I totally agree with Fausto .
I hope that the guys will try to satisfy most western-Europeans possible on 160 mtrs .
keep our fingers crossed , hi !
- Fausto on 01/23/2014 at 18:02 o'clock
- Hi guys, this may be the last and only opportunity to work VK9L on TOPBAND for the few who refuse to use remote SDR.
Many thanks for trying. 73 I4EAT
- Tim Butcher on 01/22/2014 at 19:01 o'clock
- Hey guys! Another adventure to an awesome Island..... Not as awesome as Raoul though! Best of luck with this expedition.
Cheers, Tim (Raoulie 2010)
Accessible guestbook script with SPAM protection and international language support without a database by Felix Riesterer. Copyright 2008 - free software under LGPL.
Get the latest news by email!Subscribe now!